Wednesday 20 May 2020

Masks: just one other thing in the new reality

As usual Wednesday was my day in the office. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the cycle down to the train station (I mixed it up and got on at Landsdowne for a change) and then had my cup of coffee while I waited for the train.

The train heading to Howth passed while I waited for my train. There was very few people on the train and even fewer wearing masks - I reckon about 10%.  

After I had my coffee, I slipped on a disposable mask and continued waiting for my train.

When I got on to the train, there was again very few people in the carriage (less than 5) and I think only one of them was wearing a mask.  


I certainly did not enjoy wearing the mask and I don't envy hospital workers who have to wear one for the whole day. It was hot and uncomfortable to say the least.

Later in the day I called to a dressmakers and bought a pack of five washable cloths. What a difference! 
They are soft and were much more comfortable to wear. I presume they are much better for the environment and I feel that I supported a small local business so I was glad to get them. 

I know wearing a mask would have been very commonplace in Asia before the Coronavirus pandemic and it is now being done worldwide, it seems like it may take Irish people a little longer to start wearing them than in other countries....let's watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think