Wednesday 6 May 2020

Zoom Online Bikram Yoga

It's a new world for sure.

On Monday, I found details on Facebook about some online bikram classes taking places at different times in different parts of the world. One of the times suited me for after work on Tuesday so I made a plan to join in.

On Tuesday I finished work promptly, threw on my yoga gear and joined Adam in Canada(!) for an online yoga class through the medium of Zoom.  It's not something I would have ever thought would need to exist a few months ago and I also would have thought that it would not work but by god, it was just brilliant!

I was lucky to be able to do the yoga class in a room with a glass roof at the top of our house that gets sooo hot - on warm days it is like a solarium and yesterday was a warm day with the sun shining all day.  Within no time at all once I started to practise I began to get a sweat up and was actually glad to have the small window behind me open and providing me with a breeze on my body (definitely not Bikram but sure it's a new world where quite possibly anything goes!)
 This is the roof in the studio so I have a view of the sky! This pic was not taken the day I was doing yoga in the studio as that day the sky was bright blue but the sun was shining so much the photo couldn't show the roof!!

So the class was really good with an excellent teacher who gave corrections and modifications during the class "Enid bring your body more forward" but the best bit was during Savasana. He said the most positive, inspiring and helpful words and I honestly felt like it was the first time I relaxed fully in maybe 6 weeks.

I'm already looking forward to my next class on Saturday :-)   

A few modifications were needed for my home practise -
the glass floor was so hard I needed to put an extra towel down for kneeling poses

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think