Sunday 8 May 2022

3-2-1 Blast off: Space Cadets

Well this is a blast from the past!

I went down a Youtube rabbit hole this evening and landed on a programme all about the biggest hoax on British TV which was "Space Cadets". 

I remember watching this show live and literally watched it through my fingers for a lot of it. It was a total cringe fest at times, literally I felt so bad for the contestants as the whole show evolved. I also felt that the TV company took advantage of the vulnerabilities of the participants.

Aside from feeling so bad for the contestants, I was wowed by the lengths that the production crew went to in order to make the hoax seem so real.  For example, I seem to recall that as well as feeding the participants real life actual Russian food, they placed pieces of litter on the site - and the litter was packaging from Russian products!

Have a look at this video which explains and shows the full concept of the show.

Thankfully when the "Space Cadets" show was broadcast there was not so much social media so the participants seem to have been forgotten and went back to their normal lives without much attention.....I hope!

Do you remember the show, did you watch it - let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think