Monday 12 June 2023

Sunday Funday: Garden Visits

So after a super start to Sunday with a trip to Herbert Park Market (see previous post) it was then on to Rathmines Initiative Open Gardens trail.

Tbis is a trail where you can visit different gardens in the Rathmines area for a Two Euro donation to the Rathmines Initiative.

I didn't know anything about the Rathmines Initiative put they seem to have an area in the public realm and have put forward plans and lobbied for open space plazas in Rathmines along with small pedestrianised areas. This seems like things that are right up my street, so to speak, so I was happy to visit some of the gardens and support the initiative.

We cycled from Herbert Park to Rathmines and visited two of the gardens before Ciaran headed to the gym and I headed home at about 4pm.

Here's some of the pics from the garden visits. The second garden we visited was selling some plants for a bargain price of 1 or 2 euro - so I bought a plant that is called "Spanish Flag". Let's see if I can grow it!




The garden tours reminded me of doing the historical house tours when I visited Key West in the past. Such fun cycling around the island calling in to see different houses. And yesterday in Rathmines the weather was just like Florida so gave me all the KW feels on a sunny Sunday in Ireland. Just great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think