Sunday 6 October 2013

Open House 2013

Having enjoyed Open House last year, we set off to Open House 2013 with high hopes.  We had chosen to visit The Kiosk, at Leeson Street Bridge, which was built in 1929 by the then Dublin City Corporation.

Disappointingly the Architect who was supposed to be giving the guided tour never turned up!!!

The two volunteers who were stationed at The Kiosk were very helpful and they opened up the small back room of the teeny building which houses a power station.

Here are some photos of The Kiosk which formerly was a public toilet that had a telephone exchange at the front.  It is currently a coffee booth.







Here is the blurb from the Open House website.



5 comments:

  1. What a great little historic building, but so sorry you could not get the "real" tour. I love open houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I got to the Rates Office on Castle Street, which is well worth a look, and to the Trinity Innovation Centre,- also beautiful, but we only saw one, very decorative, room. Photos on my blog. Your blog looks really interesting - I'm going to have a look at your house renovations! Brave you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think