Friday 4 October 2013

Ireland goes to the polls

On the 4th of October 2013 there is a referendum vote here in Ireland.

We vote on whether to abolish our second house of government the Senate (Seanad).  The second referendum is whether to create a Court of Appeal.



Outside what I would have called the polling station but are now called polling places in some areas with signs saying "Polling Place Ionad Votala"

Our "Polling Station" in the Multi-Denominational School in Ranelagh
Above is the "Polling Place" in Ballsbridge

We did not receive Voting Cards but received this letter instead. Voting stations are open from 7am until 10pm.


Picture of my voting slips before I voted 


All official documents are written bilingual in English and Irish 



1 comment:

  1. I wish we could vote to abolish our congress here in the USA.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think