Sunday 13 October 2013

Girl's night out

Yesterday was a fun day.  I took the train from Pearce Station to my sisters house.i
I passed the now called Navan Road Parkway.  It was previously called Phoenix Park but was changed due to complaints from tourists getting off at this stop and finding themselves a long distance from the Phoenix Park and Dublin Zoo!  It was a tad misleading.
Amy served up a fantastic spread of lasagne, salad & coleslaw with rosemary potatoes and crinkle cut chips. Amy and I drank a Chilean Red while Alice drank white wine.
Drinks were served from Amy's upcycled bar which she did herself!!

After dinner & drinks we went in to the city.  We had tickets for "Maeve's House" which was written and performed by Eamon Morrissey.  It was an excellent play about the writer Maeve Brennan of the New Yorker - she being the "Long Winded Woman".  

All three of us thought the play was excellent, we really enjoyed it.
Alice and I above.  Amy and Alice below.

After the play we went on to the Vintage Cocktail Club on Crown Alley, Temple Bar.  This is another speakeasy-esque place, hidden away and hard to find.  We only found it because some girl heard us looking for it and called out to us and directed us to the dark small doorway.

We all ordered cocktails including our cousin Kasey and her friend Sam who we met in the VCC. Alice ordered a "Mary Pickford" and Amy had a rum based drink with molasses in it.  Alice and Any swapped cocktails!
My glass was greatly admired.  I had "The Chaser" which was Marmalade Vodka based.

Next bar was Amy's pick - a good choice of Dakota in South William Street.  We got a great big booth!


Another bar and another change of scene - this time to the very classy "Davy Byrnes" which I think features in James Joyce's Ulysses!

And after this it was home time!  Amy and Alice to the train with Amy's husband.  Me into a taxi for the short ride home.  But not home time for Kasey and Sam they stayed in town to continue the adventure....

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, looking good, girls! You look like you all had a good... and safe... time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really know how a pack a lot into a girls' night out! I love Davy Byrne's, definitely one of my favourite pubs. Can spend hours just looking at the artwork - it just pulls me in and keeps me mesmerised.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think