Sunday 8 July 2012

Custom built bespoke kitchen in LPA

I'm very much hoping that the house will be ready in a few days and we will be able to move in this Friday.  Fingers crossed!
The bench seats in the front room and the kitchen are being made and there are some painting elements to be completed.

I had a chat with the kitchen designer Dean Cooper today about the way the kitchen should work.  He was extremely helpful and explained exactly where to store everything in order to use the kitchen in the most ergonomic fashion.  He also pointed out little details and fittings that make the kitchen so special.  Some of the fittings were got in from Switzerland, Austria and the USA.  The dishwasher has a kickboard with a small fitting that drops the kickboard when the dishwasher opens - very nifty!  Dean also pointed out how the kitchen does not have any filler pieces because it was a bespoke kitchen that was built exactly for the kitchen space in this house. He then went on to give me some tips on how to keep the kitchen clean and looking its best.  All really helpful info! 


The mantlepiece in the second bedroom has been painted - I love the ornate detail on it.



Here are a few more pictures that I took today as you can see the house is just about ready for us to move in to.  The upstairs is just about ready with very little to be done.  It is the downstairs that has more work to finish it off.








2 comments:

  1. I think your Blog should have a health warning - it makes me sick with envy! Have you moved in yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thank you!

    Planning to move in this Friday, all going well with the final details that have to be finished up - very much hoping so! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think