Saturday 20 October 2012

The show must go on!

I went to see "The talk of the town" today with my sister and  cousin.  When I went to collect the tickets from the box office it was explained that the main actress had been in an accident and had a fractured skull.  A new actress stepped in to the role but given the short notice (5 hours!) she would be reading the script.  

The play its self was very good but unfortunately the reading of the script was highly distracting and somewhat amateurish.  At the end of the hour and 45 minute show the look of relief on all of the actors faces was palpable when they realised that they had got through the show (particularly the actress who played Maeve Brennan). This was the last day of the run so there was only one evening performance left.  I have never heard of this being done before and I wonder why there was no understudy.  Quite strange!

Afterwards we enjoyed a cocktail in the Mint Bar in the Westin Hotel - my twin sister and I swear by their cocktails, we think they are the best in Dublin!
                          Here I am enjoying a caipiroska - Cheers!

BTW, here are lots of picture of the house, if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think