Monday 13 March 2017

Get Smart!

After much indecision we decided to trade in our old Smart for a new one (well when I say new, I mean new to us as we never buy brand new cars!)

After trying to find a decent Smart (at the right price) in the Republic of Ireland, but failing, we made the decision to drive to Belfast and buy in Northern Ireland. I had seen a nice Smart online in Liverpool so that could have been an option too. 

The drive to Belfast was rather slow because we didn't want to push the old car too hard. It should take 2 hours or so but we took a bit longer and also stopped for a coffee at our first petrol stop.

I had been to Mercedes Benz Belfast before but Ciaran was very impressed when we arrived. I was just in my element seeing all the Smarts!



I had been in conversation with a representative from Agnews for the past while and he had sourced a Smart that we were very happy with - Black, low mileage and 3 years old.


Buying in the United Kingdom means that we are importing the car in to Ireland. The next step in order to register the car and get Irish plates is to bring it to a test centre and then hand over a chunk of money to the Irish government.  Even still it is better value than buying a Smart in Ireland.



Our old red Smart was a Passion ForTwo while the new Smart is a Pulse. The passion had some extras such as a sun roof but I don't think we will miss that so much.

It was exciting to pick up the new Smart but I am sad to see this baby go. It served us well.....

 



1 comment:

  1. Aww! Yeah I'll miss the reday smart too. New one is nice. Happy and safe driving :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think