Sunday 12 March 2017

Modern Art in Gormley's Art Gallery

Last weekend, Amy and I visited Gormley's Art Gallery to see the Contemporary Editions exhibition.

It's a stunning collection of modern, pop and street art.

It was great to see Warhols in Dublin.  The last time I saw a Warhol in Dublin was years ago at an exhibition in the IMMA where I saw his silver clouds which could probably be described as an installation more so than an art piece.



There were some spectacular pieces by Banksy (who I think is a ridiculously clever artist), Hirst, Bambi and Koons.

I probably was most disapointed by the Basquiat which I had been most keen to see. It was a print which I found to be soulless. 



In the montage of the pics above the last picture is obviously not one of the paintings in the Contemporary Editions exhibition.  It's a piece of work by Ciaran called "No space for nostalgia" and you can read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think