Tuesday 11 August 2020

Shopfronts of interest

There's always so much to see in Malaga. These vintage looking shop fronts really appeal to me.

This shop was established in 1957. I wonder when the shopfront design was created?!

This clothes shop seems to be for people of a certain vintage. It reminds me of old style draperies in Ireland. From my childhood, I remember Hands in Villa Park and Godleys in Blanchardstown.

This signage for the Farmacia is particularly cool with it being built in to the building. A lot of more modern farmacias have similar lit up signs with the same lettering. Perhaps there was a standard at one point that shops had to adhere to and this is an example with the modern shops following the form?


Not too sure about this one!

We had a little coffee here one morning (a cortado for me and a solo for Ciaran) - it seems to be a popular locals spot. The silver lettering on the signage seems very retro Italian to me.


Los Hidalgos - Desde 1968
This is on the street below Pigsy's studio. Churros & chocolate - it could be dangerous!!

Bakery and hat shop near where we live


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think