Tuesday 4 August 2020

La Taberna del Pintxo


We had a fun little lunch yesterday.  It was rather spontaneous as we had planned to just stop for our first coffee of the day.  We liked the look of this place below and sat outside and ordered our coffees.

I then went inside to look at the food as I had got a glimpse when I first sat down. Once inside I could see that is was similar to a place that Ciaran had visited on a trip he made to Spain back in December. Basically there is lots of little tapas with different cocktails sticks in each piece of food which delineates different prices for each tapas. I liked the look of the food so said to Ciaran he should head in for a look too.
And sure once Ciaran went inside - this happened!!
After our coffee I ordered a cava which went really well with the little bites. Check out these peppers - it was the first time I've ever had them but couldn't resist as the server went by and offered them to us.  As well as the cold tapas with the sticks in them there are also hot offerings that are walked through the restaurant by the servers. A fun concept and I think would work really well with a group of friends. We chilled over our lunch and drinks for probably 2 hours and the bill came to about 22 euro.
A shout out has to go to Bones who was incredibly well behaved for the whole time we were there. He just sat quietly and looked at all that was going on around him. Normally he gets bored after about 30 mins and begins to make motions that he wants to leave but on this occasion he was content to stay.  We had brought water in a bottle for him which he had a long drink from to keep cool.

It's worth noting that yesterday was considerably cooler that other days with temps reaching 28 degrees but also starting out cloudy at the beginning of the day. It was very pleasant!!

1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think