Sunday 4 February 2024

Brigid's Bank Holiday

Happy Brigid's BH!

Great to have a break from work for St Brigid's Day.  With Monday off I made a plan to do a few things over the weekend. 

The first thing I did on Saturday morning was take the bus to Ikea over in Ballymun. The bus journey was fine but Ikea was packed and hellish. When I arrived I immediately wanted to leave! 

I was buying a lampshade so I got it quickly and left and got the bus back within an hour of arriving.


With Ciaran away playing squash in Belfast, I had the opportunity to catch up on a bit of reading and am nearly finished John Stamos' biography "If you would have told me"

Fun to read about John Stamos starring in Gore Vidal's  "The Best Man" - my twin sister saw him in this play - you can read about that here!
On Sunday morning, after a walk, I sat down with a cup of coffee to watch the Tommy Tiernan Show. I specifically watched it to see a lady I went to school with (about 35 years ago!!!) being interviewed by Tommy. She is Karen Dempsey the founder of "Entheos" and also known as the Bald Headed Priestess. You can watch the interview on the RTE player and I highly recommend it - she is one interesting lady!


Ciaran came back from Belfast in the afternoon and we walked to Ranelagh to get something for dinner. Before we went to Lidl, we called to Nick's Coffee as we knew Nickie Harrington was doing a pop up with some of her art and jewellery for sale. It was nice to chat with her and her boyfriend and I got these lovely new earrings!
And then for tomorrow I'm taking part in a parade for St Brigid's Day. What fun!

Watch this space tomorrow when I share all about how the parade of "Brigid's on Bikes" goes.

Edit - 
Here's a little clip from the Karen Dempsey interview on the Tommy Tiernan Show



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think