Tuesday 6 February 2024

The Source in Rathmines

After work this evening I walked to Rathmines to buy some items in "The Source".

The Source is a shop where you bring your own container or use a shop supplied bag to buy whatever weight of an item that you require.

It's so clever really and a good way of cutting out food waste and also extra costs.

For example, I wanted to buy a cup or two of Coconut Flour rather than a big bag as I only plan on using it to make a loaf or two of Keto bread. And I only need this small amount.

I also plan on making Chicken Shawarma and so I was able to buy just what I needed, which is a few teaspoons of gound cardamon.

It's a fun little shop, and I enjoyed browsing everything and measuring out what I planned on buying.

One interesting thing that I saw is that they sell protein powders which again you can weigh out in a small volume rather than buy those big expensive containers of protein powders. I bought 100g of Hazelnut Chocolate protein powder that I plan to add to a Keto Cheesecake that I will make this weekend.

There is lots to buy in this shop (they even sell freshly made nut butters) so I plan to go again soon for another browse.

Let me know if you have ever bought from a shop like this before - how did you find it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think