Friday 22 April 2016

What's going on...

So you'll be glad to hear that my passport has been processed.

I received it promptly about 10 working days after I sent it in. I then went on the ESTA visa site last night and applied for my visa which was pretty much instantly approved.  Love the last line on the approval page where you get welcomed to the USA and are told to have a great trip!



In other news Amy and I went skating the other night. We had decided a while back to try roller derby and Amy was on the look out for a team that we could join in with. She saw on Facebook that the Boomtown Rollers were having "fresh meat" try outs on Tuesday nights so she messaged them to say we would be there.

Honestly I was petrified!! Even more so when we pulled up to the skate rink and saw all the girls with their skates and helmets at the door. I was so intimidated that I nearly hoped Amy would suggest we should turn around!!!

I needn't have been worried.....they were sooo nice!!! And unbelievably helpful. One guy helped us out the minute we got out on the rink and showed us lots of useful ways of falling without hurting ourselves - which as you can imagine was most useful! As we skated around, other experienced skaters asked how we were doing and gave us other hints....."bend your knees!!"

And the best thing was that at the end of the session there was even cake!! One of the girls had made little gluten free vegan chocolate cupcakes. Totally delish!

We are going back for more next Tuesday.....that's more skate action, not more cake......well hopefully cake too!  ;-)


I am off work today so I went to Rathmines to chill out with a cup of coffee and a read of a book.  After I finished the book I dropped it back to Rathmines Library and borrowed 2 more. 

I also got a new battery for my Michael Kors watch which stopped about a month ago. I'm glad to have it back on my wrist 



I then went to Dunnes and picked up the ingredients for meatballs and got them in my slow cooker - enough to feed us for the next few days which is convenient.

And now I'm going to go and get ready for an event in the Abbey Theatre this evening.  Amy snagged tickets to the final night of The Plough and the Stars with canapes and drinks beforehand....and afterwards we get to meet the cast!  I will report on this in a future blog......watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think