Monday 25 April 2016

The Plough and the Stars in the Abbey

Last Friday I went to The Plough and the Stars in the Abbey Theatre as a guest of my twin sister Amy. 
Thank you Amy - what a wonderful night!

It was a special event where we were treated to wine & delicious canapes and a tour of the back areas of the theatre before the play.


Yes they have the typical lighted theatre mirror in hair & makeup!



When The Plough and the Stars was first performed in The Abbey back in the 1920's there was riots.  After seeing the play I can understand why. It is terribly moving and sentiment towards the Easter Rising must have been very raw at this time.

I had a really enjoyable night and caught the bus home about 10.30pm as I was in work the next day. However, I got off the bus at Doheny & Nesbits and met my husband for the rest of the walk home which was lovely and reminded me why I love living so close to Dublin City and how it is a great safe walkable city - quite possibly the best little city in the world to live in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think