Sunday 8 September 2013

Tapas time

So after a great night in Fade Street Social a few weeks ago, we returned last night.  Having ate in the main restaurant on our last visit we ate in the Tapas bar this time.

I love Tapas.  I enjoy the ease and familiarity of ordering a pile of food and having it arrive at the table at different times.  It makes for sociable eating as everyone digs in and shares the food.

Here's a few pics of some of the food we ordered:

Potatoes cooked in beef dripping

Mini burger which tastes awesome but is grossly overpriced, there should be 3 of these on the plate to make them better value

Large portion of beef cooked medium rare: divine!


Mini lobster roll - cute, adorable, tasty and not seen on many Irish menus



A mini chicken covered in caramelized onions and some type of cured meat


Dessert of chocolate mousse with hazelnut ice cream - this was very good!



Individual banoffee (my favourite dessert)

Overall I love the food and atmosphere in Fade Street Social it is such a buzzy place.  However, I do think the tapas menu is overpriced and there is just not enough food on the plate for certain dishes to justify the price (I'm looking at you lobster roll & mini burger).  

In comparison, have a look at our dinner in Santiago's Bodega - we generally spend about 100 dollars here (including wine & tip) and leave absolutely stuffed having eaten about 8 dishes between us.   In Fade Street we dropped 105 euro, had about 6 dishes between the two of us and were not full at all.  I think Fade Street could knock about 30% off the tapas prices which would allow for guests to order a few more dishes.  They could also double or triple the portion size of some of the more teeny weeny dishes.

BTW, I should mention we ordered a bottle of malbec which was delicious at dinner but today has given me the typical malbec headache - tannins!!!

4 comments:

  1. They love their "mini" food in Fade Street?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating mini food makes you feel like a giant! lol

      Delete
  2. Santiago's Bodega is the best !!!! I will be eating there soon. How about you???????

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think