Sunday 8 September 2013

Ranelagh Speakeay


Before meeting friends in Fade Street Social we went for a cocktail in the Speakeasy in Kinara Kitchen in Ranelagh.

Getting to the bar is complicated with you being led through a maze of areas before hitting the stairs to the speakeasy.

I wondered why was Ward 8 printed on the stairs!!  I never heard of this cocktail before in my life......




But I recognised an "Old Fashioned"......



Ciaran chose a rye based cocktail - a Whiskey Highball


I chose a Falling Water again.  Surprisingly it tasted different to the last time I had it.  It had been made with plain vodka the last time (in error, I think) while this time it was made with Feijoa flavour Level 42.  It was quite a unique flavour and I think I had finally got used to it by the end of the drink!





1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think