Wednesday 12 August 2015

The Bake Off is back!

The Great British Bake Off started back last Wednesday and I am loving it!

We are big fans of it in work, so the day after the first episode, I brought in cake for my colleague who was celebrating her birthday. I was going to buy Madeira Cake as that is the first cake they baked on Bake Off but instead chose this divine Belgian Chocolate Cake. It tasted so good!!

I'm also reading Mary Berry's autobiography.  Mary is one of the judges on Bake Off and she has had a very interesting life.


Already I have spotted a few strong contenders on the show and even knew who was going to be sent home on the first week (Hipster Guy with hat who was very much style over substance).  I look forward to the rest of the season and hope we get another few laughs like we did on the first night when some poor contestants mousse filling didn't set and her cake turned out a right mess.  Poor lady - the look on her face was so pitiful.  It all turned out ok for her as she wasn't sent home so she lives to bake again!!

Do you watch The Great British Bake Off?  

1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think