Sunday 14 January 2018

Halo Top has arrived in Ireland

Do you know about Halo Top?

It's an ice cream that is marketed as healthy due to it being low sugar and low calorie while being high protein.

It comes in a variety of flavours and it has just arrived on Irish shores.

My sister told me that it was available in Tesco so I went this afternoon to buy some. I reckon there had been a rush on it as there was only 4 left in the freeze. 2 vanilla, 1 mint and 1 chocolate.  

I bought the chocolate.

I sat down to watch The Jane Austen Book Club and cracked open the tub of chocolate. 

Well......my verdict was........ that it was good.  Not Ben & Jerry's good. But when you are off sugar you don't have much options.

I will say that I found it very sweet but I was able to solve that by putting a big dollop of whipped cream on top which took the edge off the sweetness.

So all in all a nice treat at the end of the weekend before the week ahead.

1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think