Friday 19 January 2018

New Year, New Recycling habits.

One of my new year resolutions was to be more discerning in my recycling efforts. This was very timely as a new recycling list came out in Ireland.

The new rules lay out very specifically what is recycled and what is not. Soft plastics was one I was unsure about but now I can see that it is not acceptable to put in the green recycling bin.

My bin company are excellent.  They are City Bin (I've blogged about them before) and every month they send me a report of my waste disposal.

I enjoy receiving the report as it spurs me on to continue to separate my waste.

Going forward, I endeavour to loosely bin my clean recyclables in order to ensure that they all get recycled.

All my kitchen waste - vegetable peels, food scraps, etc goes in the brown bin and then the rest goes in the black bin.


To see the new recycling list go to www.recyclinglistireland.ie 

Further to all of the above I am also going to try not bring items home that need to then be disposed of.  One big way I am doing this is I am bringing my own reusable takeaway cup when I go for a cup of coffee in Starbucks. I have no issue doing this - once I remember to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think