Friday 22 March 2013

Breakfast at Mary's

My cousin Kasey invited me for breakfast this morning.  She had friends over from London along with my other cousin Fiona (who it was great to see as it has been awhile since i have seen her).  They were setting off on a road trip to Cork for the weekend so Kasey's mam, Mary, (assisted by Kasey) cooked up a big breakfast before they set off.  Another cousin of mine, Dawn, was also at breakfast along with her really cute daughter Isla.  You are probably wondering how many cousins I have.  I should let you know that my mother is one of 13 children so I think my Nana has over 25 grandchildren aswell as a handful of greatgrandchildren - I have a lot of cousins!!

Anyway back to breakfast - what a spread!  There was a delicious selection of breads, meats, cheese & smoked salmon along with croissants & jam.  After all of that there was a huge big platter of sausages, raashers (bacon), black pudding and white pudding.  Mary then cooked eggs to order, I had mine scrambled which were devine.  Further to all of this there was also fried tomatoes and eggs.

All of the food was gorgeous.  My aunt Mary has a great table with a Lazy Susan on it that makes it so easy to serve food.  My cousin joked that my aunt likes to imagine that she is a short order cook working in a diner!!!

The weather is so bad here there is flooding in lots of parts of the country so it was a really nice start to the day.  Hopefully the girls have a safe journey to Cork and a great weekend in the country.

2 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think