Sunday 3 March 2013

Rigbys

Last night we went to Rigbys on Leeson Street for dinner.  Ciaran and I joke that we are like old people because we like to eat early.  When I called looking for a reservation for 7pm, I was told that it was no problem but that they would need the table back by 9.30pm.  9.30pm!!! Who eats that late?!

Rigbys is a little strange in that there are no menus and there are only limited dinner options. For starters, we had a choice of chicken or salmon and then for mains the choice was beef or hake.  There was a further special choice of lobster for dinner for a bargain price of €15.95 for a half and €26.95 for a full lobster.

Ciaran had  a chicken ballotine to start - this was lovely and I would order it again.  My flaked salmon and cucumber salad was also very good.

I chose the beef for main while Ciaran selected the lobster.  However, after one bite of his meal he decided he wanted to switch out his lobster for my beef.  I was happy enough to do this!

Dessert options was a cheese plate or a dessert trio. We decided to split the dessert trio which consisted of a chocolate biscotti, a slice of coffee and chocolate terrine served with brown bread ice cream.  Delicious!

The atmosphere in this place is great.  It's small and casual.  However, the best thing about Rigbys is that it is BYOB.  It is situated right next door to a very good wine shop who give you 10% off any purchases when you tell them you are dining next door.

We finished off a great night with a few after dinner drinks in Birchalls in Ranelagh.



3 comments:

  1. Okay, I can't even LOOK at lobster... we passed some in a tank the other day and decided that's it, we can't eat 'em! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did Ciaran not like the lobster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he saw the beef, he had second thoughts about the lobster. I liked it but I wish I hadn't had a fish starter also.

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think