Monday 18 March 2013

Wilkies Chocolate

I saw an article in the Irish Times about a new chocolate maker in Dublin.  Wilkies Chocolate is handmade in Dun Laoghaire using a process that takes five days or so .  I saw that bars were available in Fixx Coffee in Dawson street for €4.95 so we popped in to get a bar and see what it tasted like.

It is nicely packaged (a little too much glue on the seal however makes it difficult to open without breaking the chocolate thereby robbing you of your first chocolate "snap") in brown paper with an attractive print.

Taste wise it is a very bitter chocolate that goes well with coffee. I love bitter chocolate so I thought it was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. 5 days to make???
    4.95 for a small bar of chocolate?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the chocolate bar AND the coffee house only confirm my resolve to visit Scotland . . .
    Thank you for sharing.
    -g-

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think