Monday 4 July 2016

Cycle Saturday!

I'm feeling very Dutch these days as I cycle around on my "Omafiet" (Grandma Bike!)

On Saturday, I cycled in to the city and then got on to the train with the bike out to Donabate.

Look at the amazing view of Malahide Estuary.  It really is stunning.



 Getting my big heavy bike on the train was quite the chore.  I had to lift it up in to the train and it barely fit in the lift down to the platform. But worth the effort!



Look at this video of women cycling in The Netherlands - they really cycle in all weather!!




Today before work, I cycled to my doctor in Ranelagh then came home and picked up a book and cycled to Rathmines for a coffee. If you are looking for a great spot to lock your bike in Rathmines go to the underground car park at the cinema - there is a great big bike lock up area there.  It sure felt safe and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think