Friday 1 July 2016

Dublin Pride

A few years ago my twin sister and I cycled with a Dublin Cycling Group in Pride Parade and enjoyed it immensely. So I jumped at the opportunity to take part in it again this year with the Boomtown Roller Derby Team.

Here we all are at the end of the parade - thankfully no cuts, bruises or broken bones!!


Cousin Kasey came in to watch the parade -my sister took  this picture and said I looked like some kind of police officer on skates!

My skates are like a pair of runners with wheels attached - I bought them just before the parade on Done Deal for the bargain price of €30. 

Amy wears a One Human Family sticker from Key West on her helmet which looks great!

Do our smiles hide our petrification?! Skating in the parade was a lot of fun but I can't deny that I felt real fear as we free wheeled down from Parnell Square to O'Connell Street. Let's just say I'm not the best at stopping sharp so I "took a knee" - which is an actual way of coming to a stop but may or may not have looked like I was falling to the audience watching!



It was a great day, the rain held off and after the parade the three of us went in to Pride Village and chilled out and then went for wine and Mexican food in Xico's on Baggot Street.
What fun!

You can read Amy's account of the day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think