Friday 8 January 2016

Making holiday plans!

2016 is the year of my big family holiday. My parents are renting a house in Key West, Florida for a month and some of my sisters are travelling over at different times to spend time with them. At one point there will be the two sets of twins all there together! We plan to do a big family brunch on the Sunday when we are all there. The brunch that we like the best is in the Bistro in the Westin. It features bottomless Mimosa's, an amazing buffet and a million dollar view out on to the water. We always book a table sitting outside as it is very rare to be able to sit outside in Ireland without shivering through your meal! 

I booked my leave from work and then booked flights for both my parents and myself. We plan to fly to Miami and spend the night there before picking up a car and driving down the Florida Keys (I will be driver, my Dad will navigate). I can't wait.....I love that drive!

Yesterday, coincidentally, there was a travel show on RTE that featured the Florida Keys. It really whetted my appetite seeing all the different places in Key West that we will be visiting very very soon.

 I took a few pictures of the travel show. It featured Key Lime Pie from Kermits and also showed Hemmingway's House. I've actually never eaten Key Lime Pie on all my trips to Key West - but I plan to eat it on this visit.




It was great to see the Summer stock in Dunnes Stores when I was in the Swan Centre. I can't wait to start buying bikinis!


All their new workout gear was also in stock for the New Year. I have been tracking my exercise and what I've been eating on a brilliant app "My Fitness Pal". This is all in preparation for the big KW trip!!


1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think