Sunday 24 January 2016

What I've been reading and watching

Currently I'm in the middle of "Bittersweet" by Colleen McCullough (author of The Thorn Birds). I'm really enjoying it! Set in Australia in the 1920's it tells the story of 4 sisters (two sets of twins) who set off to train as nurses at age 19 and 20. It's very engaging and I'm really hooked to see how the story goes.

On Friday, I had planned to go see two movies in the cinema. However, I ended up meeting Amy for lunch so only got to see one film. The film I chose was "The Big Short". Billed as a comedy I didn't find it funny. It was way to serious a subject to laugh at (the subject being the 2007 subprime mortgage fiasco and the economy collapse in the USA).

I was glad I got to see Room this evening. It was quite incredible. I was nearly in tears at different points in the film (the cinema was packed full which probably stopped me from crying. Do go see it, it's unlike any film I've every seen before. The script is sensational and the directing is even better. I do hope it does well at the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think