Saturday 27 February 2016

Little Kitchen Leeson Street

On Thursday afternoon I attempted to get a table in Tribeca for 7pm that evening.  They could only offer us a 6pm spot which I wouldn't be home from work in time for.

I then rang The Little Kitchen on Leeson Street and got a table for 7pm.

When we arrived we were offered a choice of tables.  We chose the window seat which, even though was near the door which blew cold air on us as people arrived, was a nice place to sit with a good view of the street.

I liked this restaurant from the get go.  It's a small place which I always prefer as it reminds me of a lot of the small really good restaurants that we go to when we visit Key West.  It is also BYOB which is always a good option (I took a bottle of French wine from the our wine rack - and to be honest I can't even tell you what type it was)!

We enjoyed all our food and definitely shall return soon.  The only dish we wouldn't order again is the lamb.  As we walked home we agreed that the lamb had been cooked well but that we just aren't really in to it!

Here is what we ate...

Donegal smoked haddock chowder, chorizo and wild samphire



Risotto of chili, roasted red pepper, prawns, garlic and soft herbs



Slaney River, Slow roasted lambshank, roasted yellow squash andvanilla, twice cooked root vegetables,treacle gravy

Sesame crusted tuna with mussels (this was a special with a €5 supplement)


Half-baked chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think