Saturday 27 February 2016

Funday Friday!

Yesterday, Amy and I had been invited to a friends house for brunch. We both took the day off work so that we could meet for brunch and then head off for the day. 

Brunch was arranged for 10am so I got the bus to Blanchardstown and met Amy at 9.30am and then we walked to our friends house. 

Our friend had her table laid out so nicely and she cooked us delicious pancakes. As well as having lovely food we had nice conversation and chat. It was a great brunch!


We also had fun posing with this giant chimp!

On a side note, Amy and I received our results from a DNA test we did as part of a twin study we were involved in about a year ago. It confirmed we are 99.99997 % positive identical twins. I have to say we do look fairly alike in the chimp pic!


Afterwards, Amy and I took the bus to the city (we mistakenly got on the 37 which took us all around Carpenterstown & Castleknock and took way longer than the 39A which we should have taken) and went to the train station to pick up Amy's annual train pass. We then hopped on the Dart out to Blackrock. The sea views were so nice! We had a drink and some spicy pawns before getting back on the train and heading on to Dun Laoghaire. We stopped in to another pub and had a drink here too as well as some lovely BBQ ribs and corn on the cob. 

To get home, I got the 46A bus while Amy luckily caught a train that went all the way to her station without having to switch trains n the city. I got back to my house about 7.30pm where I picked up the dog and my polling card and headed to the polling station and voted in the general election.

After an enjoyable but long day, I went to bed with a glass of wine and a good book! A lovely end to a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think