Monday 25 March 2019

Bikram Yoga - Take it as it comes....

I've been hard at the Bikram Yoga for the past few weeks.  It's funny how some days you can have a brilliant class and then other  days you can barely move.

Last Thursday was one of those days.  I had cycled to work on Wednesday (45 mins each way) and then gone to yoga afterwards. I then did the same on Thursday but when I attempted to practice I had zero energy. All I was fit to do was lie down and stay in the room.  

The next day on Friday, I got back on the bike and set off for work. I found that again I had no energy. It was a windy day and the cycling was hard. I got half way to work and pulled in to Booterstown Station, locked up my bike and hopped on the Dart. Happy days!

And so after a weekend of no yoga and a few small cycles, I was back in the hot room where I had a brilliant class. I was full of energy and best of all I felt strong.

Afterwards at savasana, the teacher mentioned something about "finding your body as it is" and that "every day you have a different body".  I practically wanted to shout out "Hear hear"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think