Saturday 2 March 2019

No work Thursday

Thursday was great. I took the day off work and made the most of it by getting up at 5.50am for an early morning Bikram yoga class. The class was brilliant (with Aileen, an excellent teacher) and I was so energised after it. When I left the studio I went to Rathmines for a coffee and a read of a trashy magazine (those of you who are close to me will know what magazine it was - trash of the highest order!!). 


Later that evening we went to see the new Felicity Jones film based on the life of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, "On the basis of sex". Really good film which had me gasping at times - incredible to think that it was only a short while ago in the seventies that women were being treated so unequally in comparison to men. It is thanks to people like RBG that we have seen positive change in this regard.

All in all, Thursday was a great day and I was glad that I took a days Annual Leave to have it off - I don't generally use my leave in this way as I prefer to take it off in blocks and go away on 2 week breaks from work but it worked to take the single day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think