Thursday 21 January 2021

Congratulations USA - a new day has dawned

Joe Biden sworn in today - thank you America

20th January 2021: The Inauguration of President Biden and Vice-President Harris


Yesterday was a day I had been waiting for a long time......since 4 years ago when Hilary Clinton was defeated. At that time, as the election results started to come in it was time for bed in Ireland due to the time difference. Just before going to sleep, I turned to my husband and said that we would be waking up in a New World where a woman would be President of the USA. My husband said back to me, something like "Enid, you need to prepare yourself, you are going to be disappointed. He is going to beat Clinton". I told him I thought he was very wrong and went to sleep content and safe in the knowledge that the next President of the USA would be Hilary Clinton.

Well we all know what happened next.

But now it is a new day!!

And yesterday President Biden and Vice-President Harris were sworn in.

Thank you America, I am so very proud of all of my friends who voted for this good man and lady who will lead the USA onwards and upwards.  

The world starts to heal from today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think