Tuesday 26 January 2021

Grand stretch in the evening.....

Early Spring

Weird weather here in Malaga with unseasonably high temperatures coming over the next few days. It's being reported as an "early Spring". 


Unfortunately Bones is in a hairy state at the moment. I don't think I will get him to the groomer in the very near future so he is going to be hot. I will need to watch him as he has a bad habit of sitting out in the sun until he gets too hot.....and then heads in to the house. It might be the case that we close the door on him in the cool back bedroom.  We will see....

Let there be light

Other than that, along with a "grand stretch in the evening" (see pics below taken at 7.15pm tonight) there is an ominous  feeling here in the city with very few people around after 6pm when the shops close. We are currently on a 10pm curfew but there seems like there is an expectation that a full lock down will be introduced. With one of my sisters living in The Netherlands where there is a lock down along with a curfew and another living in Ireland where the lock down has been extended until March 5th, I may be joining them under restrictions. Watch this space......

What will be will be and while I don't want a lock down, it is good to see there being more light in the evenings. A symbolic light at the end of the tunnel if you will.

Lock down prep

Tomorrow I plan to do a bigger than normal shop and load up the freezer with meat for dinners etc. Just in case a lock down is announced over the next few days. I know there probably won't be an interruption to the food chain or a run on toilet paper, but given how high the numbers have gone in Spain it is probably better to visit the shops less often. Additionally there currently is a large police presence on the streets of Malaga and given that my Spanish is poor it is also probably best to be staying off the streets so as not to put myself in the position where I have to interact with the police. Ciaran found himself cordoned out of our street one night near Christmas when the police were controlling crowds and numbers on the main shopping streets. He had to talk to a police officer and explain where he lived. When the officer heard him talk he queried if he was a tourist. Which says a lot about Ciaran's Spanish, I think!!

Where ever you are in the world, mind yourself and take care. Stay positive and know that things will get better.......eventually.

1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think