Sunday 3 January 2021

Zooming in to the New Year!

Malaga Marina 31st Dec 2020

Pictures of Malaga Marina on New Years Eve 31 December 2020


Happy New Year!

I can honestly say that I have never been happier to see the back of a year. 2020 was generally good for me but even still it was a terror of  a year that has caused so much misery the world over. For me, there were challenges but they were mainly able to be over come (i.e. my move to Spain for a year was set back by a few months) but I still felt like I was floundering many times due to everything that living in a pandemic brings. It took me awhile to realize that once you get to the fact that something is going to be bad, you then have to come to the conclusion that in reality it will be way worse than you thought. It will also go on lot longer than you thought. I don't think I was alone in thinking that things would be getting back to normal in Summer of 2020. And boy was I wrong!!

But there is a lot to look forward to. Things will get better and mass vaccination is on the horizon for the world. We will overcome Covid 19.

New Year Celebrations by Zoom

We met virtually with friends on New Years Eve which meant that here in Spain we could celebrate the new year with friends in Ireland. The two couples we met with had planned to have dinner together but that was cancelled due to the heightened Covid situation in Ireland. However, the couple that were due to host, still went ahead with their plans to cook a special dinner and dropped it around to the others. Here in Spain we got to see the lovely food that was made and were told about how it was made. We had eaten our seafood dinner and cheese and charcuterie canapes so we enjoyed hearing about what they were eating and enjoying. There was also bubbles being enjoyed in both countries with Bollinger being drank on Moyne Road with a sparkling cava mixed with OJ to make a mimosa being drank here. All in all great fun and a few hours with great company passed very quickly! We wished each other Happy New Year about 11.30pm Spanish time and then Ciaran and I had our own little celebration when the clock struck 12 here. We went out on to our terrace and took in the sights and sounds of the city celebrating with fireworks going off around us.

It was a very different celebration of the New Year but it was one that kept us all safe and we will remember it forever.

And thankfully it is good to end this bad year knowing that all of my friends and family are safe and well and hopefully will stay this way well in to 2021 until we are all vaccinated.

Happy New Year to you all!

Enid's Facebook post 1st of January 2021
My facebook post just after midnight


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think