Sunday 3 May 2015

UPC Pay per View Fail: Mayweather versus Pacquiao

The scene was set yesterday for a great event.

I booked the Pacquiao v. Mayweather pay per view event with UPC at about 9.30am on Saturday morning.  I then invited friends over to join me to watch it at 3am.

I bought a spread of food and drinks for my guests and went to bed at 10.30pm planning to get up later for the fight.

So.......

We got up at 3am to discover that the pay per view channel was not working.  It was a fail.......

My sister and brother in law then knocked at the door (it was 3.30am by this point) and I had to tell them the bad news......another guest arrived then.  You can only imagine how embarrassed I was at this point!

After searching for it online with no success, Ciaran got on the phone to another friend to see if he was watching it and where he was.  

Thankfully this guy was fairly close by so we all piled in to my sisters car and "booted" it to Booterstown to watch the fight in two lad's (that we had never met) apartment!

Thankfully it all worked out in the end (not thanks to UPC who I will be calling tomorrow to discuss what happened) - it was a fight of the decade and it was really worth getting up in the middle of the night to watch.

However, to say I am unhappy with UPC is an understatement. Their customer service centre closed at 9pm yet the PPV event only started at midnight.  I would think that there should have been technical support for this PPV event for the whole time the event was on.  It's not good enough.


 

After the fight it was back home to my house where I cooked breakfast for everyone and then back to bed by 7.30am!

Update
On Sunday I contacted UPC through twitter.  They confirmed the order did not go through and then asked did they want to put the order through now!!  Seriously?!  

Today is Monday and I have currently been on hold to UPC for over 40 minutes (I am only ringing today as I didn't know they were open yesterday).  I also see on their Facebook Page that a lot of people ordered the PPV event and then it did not work for them either.

2 comments:

  1. glad you enjoyed it and I admire your dedication in getting up at the time of night/morning to watch it. I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun Gill! I do enjoy watching Boxing

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think