Monday 4 May 2015

Asador Haddington Road

 
 

 

It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland so yesterday evening we visited Asador on Haddington Road (just off Baggot Street).
To start I had mackerel (so fresh and tasty) while Ciaran had wings which were covered in a sweet chilli sauce.  For main I had a rib eye steak cooked rare (it was perfect) and Ciaran had the burger (which had bad "bun-ability" - when the bun started breaking up I suggested he just eat it with a fork). After dinner we shared a cheese plate which had a blue, a smoked Gubeen and a Rocquefort.

I thought the food was good and I would certainly return.  Our only issue which was rectified satisfactorily was that a large family arrived at about the same time us.  All the adults sat at one table while all the children were placed at a table, a little bit away from the adults, right beside us!  The children were very young ranging from toddlers upwards and were particularly noisy.  We had to ask to be moved to a quiet table down near the kitchen - there was no way we could have enjoyed our meal with screaming and shouting children sitting beside us.  As we left the restaurant, the staff apologized to us once again as we collected our coats from them.  Personally I think the adults should have been told by management that it was not appropriate to abandon their children  and it was not allowed. As it happened the restaurant staff then ended up minding the children and I am sure there might have been complaints from other diners.  All in all it was very slack parenting and I'm sure the children wouldn't have been half as noisy if they had been supervised by an adult.  
What do you think readers?  Were we right to move table?


1 comment:

  1. Oh sure, I think it was fine for you to move tables. If you want a quiet meal, you deserve that. I have 3 kids and can't imagine not sitting with them.

    That food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think