Saturday 5 November 2016

Tracey Emin's bed - Tate Modern, Liverpool

One of our plans when visiting Liverpool was to go to the Tate Modern where we knew that Tracey Emin's bed was on public display.

It has to be seen to be believed.

To be honest as I walked in to the room I mused as to whether it was art but once I came upon it I didn't have to consider that anymore.

It is art and more....

It evoked some serious feelings within me. It repulsed me and I don't think I will ever forget how I felt as I surveyed the scene. It is said to be controversial and a conversation starter and boy have I not stopped thinking about it and talking about it.....


Up close it is quite vile with stains on the covers and tissues and rubbish strewn around the bed.


I am so glad to have seen this installation.....it is quite possibly one of the most famous modern art pieces in my life time.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I've this sense this piece (created in my lifetime) in my lifetime also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I've this sense this piece (created in my lifetime) in my lifetime also

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think