Sunday 5 May 2013

Fade Street Social

We were meant to go to Dylan McGrath's Fade Street Social a few weeks ago. However our friend who was organizing the night couldn't get a reservation so we ended up eating elsewhere.

Today was such a nice day we cycled in to town (me on my bike, Ciaran on a Dublin Bike). After sauntering around for a bit we went to Fade Street Social for lunch. We ate at the bar which was buzzy and fun. It was tapas in this part of the restaurant (the Gastro bar) - the restaurant proper opens later. I was disappointed to hear that they were out of both lobster (there was a lobster hot dog that sounded great) and cod - a busy weekend obviously!

Some of the pics below are of what we had. Ciaran ordered what was called a burger on the menu but when it came out it was really a slider - he wasn't surprised as for €9 it was all he was expecting. However, I do think they should consider amending the menu.

We also had Chinese pork belly with peanut brittle - this was way too fatty - I wouldn't order it again even though the flavours were good.

I had a charred tuna loin. Amazing! Cooked perfectly rare with what I thought was artichoke (I think) and dill.

Ciaran had chicken with caramelised onions with parma ham. And we also ordered skinny fries with onion purée and Parmesan truffles.

The chips were disapointingly frozen chips.

We had a carafe of Malbec which was very tasty and made a good pairing with the food.

I'll let the pictures do further talking.



















1 comment:

  1. Is that a slider in that first pic? I could eat about 10 of them

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think