Saturday 31 May 2014

Avoid The Thief





Got back on my bike today after pushing it up to the local shop to get air pumped up in the front tyre.  Both tyres needed air - I was able to pump up the back one but couldn't do the front.  I think I may have had an air lock and needed a stronger pump.


The guy in the shop said it went up no bother.  I had left it with him for an hour.  I don't think he was going to charge me for air but I needed a new lock (especially after watching the above video) so I bought one from him.  He also pointed out that my bike was good (I was like really???) and that it  had a nice frame that could be desired by thieves.  He also admired my coffee holder (that I got in Key West, Florida) - I told him I used it for something stronger than coffee!!  ;-)


Bike theft is prevalent in Dublin.  It's not even the good bikes that are targeted - unfortunately there are people who just do it for the sheer devilment or just to get home (so the bike shop owner told me!).  Friends of ours had their bikes stolen from their garden so they bolted a U lock in to their garden and lock their bikes to that. We have our bikes chained to the fence in the front of our garden but we live down a cul de sac so it is unlikely that thieves will make their way down our road.  If they were discovered stealing the bikes the only place to run would be the way they entered and I don't think they would like that!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know where you keep your bikes. Better sleep with one eye open.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think