Sunday 18 May 2014

Bike time!

Ciaran has been promising to buy a bike for ages so that we can cycle to town together.  Yesterday was a really fine day so we decided to go look at bikes.

We went to Kimmage as we reckoned they would cost less than around where we live.

This is where he got his bike. 


I will put up a better picture of his bike but you can see it behind the cruiser to the front of the photo (it's the blue one).  He fancies himself as a bit of a hipster (he tries!) so of course he had to go for a secondhand "fixie" -  that is a refurbed fixed wheel bicycle.  The sales guy did put a brake on the front for him (I'm glad of that) and also put some black grips on the handlebars.

It's a nifty looking bike but the fixed wheel takes a bit of getting used to.  He definitely needs to use a helmet every time he is on it!

Check out this shop that was up the road from the bike shop.  I felt like I was back in the 1980's!!!

Seriously!  TV & Video Rental???!!!!

Hopefully he can use his car less now that he has his bike.  If you think car use is excessive in the world have a read of this article about abandoned brand new cars - it shocked me!!!

4 comments:

  1. How fun that you can both bike into town. We try to carpool as often as we can - with two kids in tow biking isn't always easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciaran a Hipster !!! LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that Yuppies are making a comeback !!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think