Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

It's New Years Day here in Ireland and it is bucketing down rain.  We have had some serious storms over the last while which had left large parts of the country without power. for a little while.  Luckily the rain held off for the large open air concert in Dublin City last night.  We were not in the city, we rang in the New Year with friends in the local pub which was good fun!
 
Here's how my day panned out yesterday.  I was in work for a half day and had planned to take the bus in but instead Ciaran gave me a lift and we went for coffee beforehand.  I finished work and took the short bus ride to my parents house for lunch.  It was really nice and I enjoyed a glass of wine too.
 
Here is the table all laid out for dinner in my parents house.
 

For dessert there was a chocolate cake from the Butler's Pantry.  Yum!
 
At 7.30 we met friends in the Tap House for food.  The gang split at about 10.30pm with some going in to the City Centre for the NYE concert which "Madness" playing at.  About 8 of us stayed in the pub to ring in the New Year, leaving for home at about 12.30pm in 2014!


The sliders were great!

As was the platter of steak bites

Here I am pretending to be a giant while eating my slider!




All in all we had a good night, I hope you enjoyed your celebrations too!



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!! May 2014 open the floodgates of ever increasing lavish abundant overflowing blessings beyond measure! May 2014 be forever known as the year of Possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your celebrations looked perfect! Hope you have a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think