Wednesday 8 January 2014

Swords, County Dublin

I spent the day in Swords today.  It was a grey day here in County Dublin but I still got out for a walk during my lunch.
 
Here is Swords Castle which the Council has done a great job in removing all of the hoarding in front of the castle and making it a focus at the end of the town.


County Hall Swords, Fingal County Council - this is a very attractive building sited across the road from the Castle. 


Here's a picture of the main street.

I was saddened to see so many boarded up shops.


I am very surprised to see this café is closed - it seemed generally busy when I used to work in Swords.

 
This used to be a busy deli/supermarket.




And this store used to house a large hardware shop which seemed to do good business.
 
This seemed to be a shut up men's suit shop.

 
The other end of main street seemed to have less empty units with pubs, banks and a few other businesses.  I guess many of the businesses have moved to the large newish Pavilions Shopping Centre at the other end of the town.
 
I should mention that I am still losing weight on the LCHF diet - if you are interested in joining the Fat Revolution, click here for more info.  This diet is for you if you want to give up counting calories, feeling hungry all the time or constantly feeling like you have low blood sugar. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so many empty shops. Hopefully things turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems there is a Global shaking going on . . I hope we land - reconfigured for beauty, love, comfort . . ack, I might have a glimpse of myself (and my view) as old fashioned.

    I certainly enjoy visiting your blog, learning about your life . . . and, the post before - it never occurred to me people would be adding sugar to their cream without informing us . . . AND - yes, the newer places are build to "move us along." Golly, you are smart.

    Sending you LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think