Monday 6 January 2014

LCHF in Ireland

Yesterday we started our day with coffee in Starbucks Rathmines.  I bring my own cream as I think they may put sugar in their whipped cream.  Rathmines is a nice new Starbucks. However, it can be quite loud due to the spaciousness of the design.  It also has a lot of hard surfaces - I think the new Starbucks have been designed to be a lot less comfortable than the older ones.  It means that people won't stay as long, hogging chairs and using their free wifi!


Afterwards we did our grocery shopping in Dunnes.  I bought meat, nuts, butter, cheese and fish.  Hopefully it will do us for 2 weeks as I am not too keen on shopping for food.

We bought rashers (bacon) for breakfast and had them with scrambled eggs.






Today the weather is quite wild and windy here in Ireland.  Annoyingly I woke up and remembered that I had put a rack of clothes out in the yard yesterday to dry and had forgotten to take them in last night.  They are soaked!  So that's two loads of clothes I have to rewash today.   :-(

Last night we went to see "American Hustle" which is based on true events.  There are parts of the film that are somewhat unbelievable but we thought it was an enjoyable film.  I do love the style of the 1970's - Amy Adams wore some awesome clothes in the film.  Of course we were unable to enjoy any popcorn, ice cream or candy at the cinema because we are on a LCHF diet.  We brought nuts and seeds with us and bought bottled water when we got there.  I won't lie seeing everyone around us eating goodies was difficult!


For fun check out this video of my sisters cat "Harry", being shocked by a wet feather.  Normally he is a big brazen cat that is shocked by nothing so it's cute to see him acting a little vulnerable!

Click here to read "Twingenious" a blog my twin sister and I write about the LCHF Lifestyle in Ireland.


1 comment:

  1. Not eating popcorn would be the hardest part for me too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think