Sunday 26 January 2014

Times they are a changing....

Starbucks Blanchardstown was given a makeover.  The majority of the comfortable couches are gone - replaced by high bench style seating.  It's a lot darker and it is covered in mock wood.
 
 
This stencilling on the wall looks pretty cool!

 
Changes are also taking place on Charlemont Street where the old flats are being knocked.  Read about the stalled regeneration here.


Here it is a few days later




The historic Ffrench Mullen House block of flats is also being knocked.  They were designed by architect Michael Scott who also designed Busaras.
I took these photos when I stopped on Charlemont Street to call in to the laundrette to pick up my laundry. 

Edit:
Here is the above block of flats on the 1st of March.  It's now partially knocked.




1 comment:

  1. I like the new look at Starbucks. I wonder if people will linger around less with this type of seating.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think