Friday 24 January 2014

A tale of two pâtés

I had a hankering for pate today so I bought 2 different types in Dunnes.
 
This one was the cheaper of the two.  It is very artificial tasting.

 
It is also a strange pink colour!


The other pate I bought is from the Blue Haven Food Co in Kinsale, Co Cork.
 
It is fresh and home made tasting and deliciously smooth.

It is also a fairly normal colour!

As an aside, what colour are your eggs?
 
Here in Ireland, there seems to be only brown eggs on sale.  I am always amused to see white eggs in America when I visit.  I used to think they bleached them but now I know that certain varieties of hens produce white eggs while other varieties produce brown!


A little LCHF snack I made for my husband.
Blueberries in cream
Avocado with lime & oil dressing
Italian ham wrapped cheese (with a smear of butter)

3 comments:

  1. white eggs here in Canada, you pay a premium for brown eggs. I actually looked at pate while grocery shopping today. Picked up kielbasa sausage instead........

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink pate reminds me of Pink Cake !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been weary of the pink pate. In France most eggs are brown, but you can find white in certain markets.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think