Monday 27 January 2014

Fat Bombs

When eating an LCHF diet it can be hard to find a snack that is high fat.  A fat bomb is the perfect solution to this problem.
 
To make my fat bomb I mixed 325g of butter with 125g of melted 85% chocolate. To this mixture, I added toasted coconut flakes and ground almonds.
 
I then spooned in to baking cases and sprinkled with more toasted coconut.
 
They taste so good and are the perfect way to add more fat in to your diet!



I got the chocolate in Aldi and the ground almond and toasted coconut in the Hopsack in Rathmines.
 



Fat bombs need to be stored in the fridge or freezer as they melt quickly due to their high fat content.
 
To make the fat bombs look nicer they could be pressed in to candy moulds.  I will probably do this on my next batch.
 
Variations include using peanut butter in addition to regular butter.

4 comments:

  1. I would like the peanut butter version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my idea of a perfect snack. I think I would like the peanut butter better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of fat bombs before, but they do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard your husband just loves them !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think