Friday 18 March 2016

Easter Bunting!

Easter is coming shortly so I decided to make some Easter bunting for my mother.

I went to the local fabric store to buy some material.  I was hoping for something with bunnies or chicks but unfortunately they don't stock Easter fabric(?!!). 

I found this fabric in the reduced section for €10 a metre rather than €16. It's got a bird print and is in rather Easter like colours - do you think?


For the ribbon I went to Tiger and bought this yellow gingham ribbon.

I cut the fabric in to triangles. There was some wastage with this fabric due to the print having to be positioned so the birds are not upside down!

After facing the triangles together I sewed them and then turned them in the correct way facing out. I ironed them flat (it's easier to sew on the ribbon trim when they are ironed smooth).


I packaged the bunting up in cellophane with an gift tag. A really easy sewing project and a perfect Easter present made in barely any time at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think