Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter Eats & Easter Treats

We've had a lovely Easter weekend here in Dublin.  On Saturday night we went to Delahunt on Camden Street with friends. The ambiance and decor is really nice but I was a little disappointed with the food - I was expecting to be wowed but was a little underwhelmed. I don't know if I would be bothered to return as there are so many other excellent restaurants in Dublin.

This morning we made quick visits to both our parents as we had a lunch time reservation in Brioche at 2pm. We got caught up in traffic jams due to the 1916 Commemorations Parade and other events so it ended up being a flying visit. 
We dropped off a few Easter treats and then got back on the road back to Dublin 6.
I rang Brioche restaurant on the way back from our parents as once again we got caught in traffic and had to make a big detour. The restaurant were fine about us being 15 mins late which was a big relief.

We left the dog in the house at 2pm and then walked up the road to Brioche getting there before 2.15pm. 

At the end of our meal I declared that Brioche is the best restaurant in Ranelagh! Have a look at the photos of our plates from the Tasting Menu and I am sure you will agree too!

As I said we chose the Tasting Menu but decided not to pair wines but instead had a bottle of Australian Shiraz which was good, full bodied and very fruity.

A delicious Amuse Bouche - a lovely start to a fantastic meal


Kohlrabi - I've never had it before but certainly enjoyed it in this presentation.

Trout with beetroot - a new dish. I thought it was ridiculously good! 
Beef Cheek - yum!

A very interesting pumpkin dessert - I loved it.....Ciaran was a little undecided!

There was a also a Parsnip Veloute with a little blue cheese, I forgot to take a photo - it tasted divine.

Last year for Easter we ate in Locks Brasserie. I preferred this years Easter lunch. The food was superior and the atmosphere was better. Although Locks has a lovely dining room facing on to the canal there was a more vibrant buzz in Brioche. Locks was a little sedate for our taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think